Noseweek needs a senior investigative journalist
Are you under 45 and a journalist determined to break out of corporate bondage to do journalism that is daring, different – and better? A journalist with a nose that can smell the difference between chalk and cheese, and can string ten sentences together in clear, readable English? Do you believe passionately that the public is entitled to know everything there is to know?
Have you had a good laugh in the last few days?
Do you dream of one day being the editor of a seriously good multi-media magazine?
Noseweek has a vacancy for an investigative journalist like you, in Johannesburg.
Interested? Then read on.
If you happen to have a proven track record in investigative journalism, a sound understanding of finance and business, and a more-than-average knowledge of the law, South African politics and society, you qualify for consideration. (Add a smattering of science, theology, West African jazz or the rules of cricket to score 10 extra points!)
Responsibilities include the following:
- Coming up with ideas for stories and researching and writing them to deadline.
- (Occasionally) Being the representative of Noseweek at functions and press conferences, etc.
- Liaising with the public and following up leads.
- Experience as an investigative journalist.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English. A speaking/reading knowledge of Afrikaans and/or a Nguni or Sotho language could be an advantage.
- Impeccable ethics.
- The ability to plan – to create systems and schedules and stick to them.
- Excellent liaison and communication with the Cape Town office.
- The ability to work under pressure when necessary and to meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy, including social networking and uploading to internet sites.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organisational skills.
Send your CV, two examples of your work and a (max. 2-page) covering letter to The Editor, Noseweek, P O Box 44538, Claremont 7735, or email to email@example.com with APPLICATION in the subject line. Please remember to indicate your salary requirements.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 5 February, 2013. Shortlisted candidates will be advised and be invited to an interview.
Should you apply and not have heard from us by 19 February, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Copyright © 2019 www.noseweek.co.za